Code Enforcement Officer
The City of Oelwein is looking for a motivated, team-oriented individual that takes pride in follow-through and completion of work. Must have a positive outlook on local government, great work ethic and regular attendance. Candidate will inspect properties and/or complaints concerning violation of municipal code.
• Inspects designated areas periodically for evidence of violation.
• Ensures that property owners, contractors etc. have proper permits.
• Interviews residents and inspects area to investigate reports of violations.
• Locates property owners to explain nature of inspection and investigation findings and to encourage voluntary action to resolve problems.
• Studies laws and statutes in municipal code to determine specific nature of code violation and type of action to be taken.
• Issues notices of violation to owners not complying with request for voluntary correction of problems. Prepares case materials when legal action is required to solve problems.
• May appear in court to testify.
• Conducts or participates in informational meetings for residents and property owners.
• Maintains appropriate records and prepares required reports.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applications will be accepted until Aug. 20, 2021, or until filled.