The Building Department is now part of the Community Development Department. Please click here for permits and other information.
History of Oelwein
The town of Oelwein was laid out in a corn field purchased from G.A. Oelwein on the coming of the Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Minnesota Railroad (later called the Rock Island) in 1872. Some years later... Read More