The City of Oelwein Utilities Department maintains three wells, two towers each with a capacity of 500,000 gallons,300 fire hydrants and 30 miles of water main. Approximately 600,000 gallons of water are pumped daily.
History of Oelwein
The town of Oelwein was laid out in a corn field purchased from G.A. Oelwein on the coming of the Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Minnesota Railroad (later called the Rock Island) in 1872. Some years later... Read More