How Do I

  • Apply for Commission or Council

    Board and commission members are volunteer opportunities for the citizens of Oelwein. Members are appointed by the Mayor after receiving letters of interest. If you are interested in becoming a board or commission member, please submit your letter of interest to: Mayor, Oelwein City Hall, 20 Second Avenue SW, Oelwein, Iowa 50662
  • Apply for a City Job

    Applications may be found here.


    “This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”

    If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..”

  • Pay Water Bill

    Bills can be paid in City Hall or online. The City uses PSN for online payments. This is an E-Payment System. Pay Online

  • Register for Wellness Center Activities

    Check out this flyer here. Flyer We also have a list of classes. Classes

  • Reserve a Park Shelter

    The City has numerous shelters throughout our parks that can be reserved for private use. Reservations are taken upon receipt of payment at City Hall, 20 Second Avenue SW, Oelwein. For more information visit:

  • View Bid Notices

    Bid Notices will be posted when available. 

  • 1

History of Oelwein

The town of Oelwein was laid out in a corn field purchased from G.A. Oelwein on the coming of the Burlington, Cedar Rapids and Minnesota Railroad (later called the Rock Island) in 1872. Some years later... Read More

Contact Us

 (319) 283-5440
 (319) 283-4032
 20 2nd Ave. S.W.