Oelwein City Council Monday, February 27, 2017
Oelwein, Iowa 6:00 P.M.
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
Kevin Stickel Renee Cantrell
Lou Ann Milks Ben Weber
Matt Weber Darin Christensen
4. Additions or Deletions
6. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes of the February 13, 2017 regular Council Meeting
B. Claims Resolution
C. Consideration of Class ‘C’ Liquor, Outdoor Service and Sunday Sales renewal for Clete and Connies
D. Consideration of an Ownership update for Columbus Club Class ‘C’ Liquor License
E. Consideration of pay request from AECOM in the amount of $7,980.00 for work completed on Airport Grading Connector Taxiway Design
7. Public Hearing on the closing of Reidy Park
8. Public Hearing on proposed disposal by sale of property legally described as a parcel of land described as Com at SW Cor Lot 7, Blk 2, Miles Add th N 595’ Ely to E Ln of 4th Ave SW th N 795’ Ely 38’ Th Swly & Sely parallel with Center of Sewer Ln to S Ln of 1/4 1/4 Sec. th S to SE Cor Lot 12, Blk 1, Miles Add th W to POB in NW SW & SW SW commonly known as 301 5th Avenue SW
9. Consideration of a Resolution on the proposed disposal by sale of property legally described as a parcel of land described as Com at SW Cor Lot 7, Blk 2, Miles Add th N 595’ Ely to E Ln of 4th Ave SW th N 795’ Ely 38’ Th Swly & Sely parallel with Center of Sewer Ln to S Ln of 1/4 1/4 Sec. th S to SE Cor Lot 12, Blk 1, Miles Add th W to POB in NW SW & SW SW commonly known as 301 5th Avenue SW
10. Fayette County Hazard Mitigation update from Lisa Roberts, EMA Coordinator
11. Consideration of a motion to approve Gearhart Grove Preliminary Plat
12. Consideration of a Resolution Directing the sale of the City’s Interest in a Parcel of Land within Parcel Z in the Southwest Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 21, Township 91 North, Range 9 West of the 5th P.M., City of Oelwein, Fayette County, Iowa
13. Consideration of a Resolution to designate the south side of City Park to be used as a Dog Park.
14. Consideration of a Resolution authorizing the Mayor to enter into an agreement with IIW P.C. for bridge inspection services.
15. Consideration of an Ordinance Amending Oelwein Zoning Ordinance to Reclassify Real Estate at 22 1st Avenue NW from R-2 Residential to C-1 Commercial with a special exception for Apartments; 409 Rock Island Road from R-3 Residential to C-2 Commercial; 211 Occo Drive from R-1 Residential to C-2 Commercial; 415 Rock Island Road from I-2 Industrial to C-2 Commercial; 421 Rock Island road from I-2 Industrial to C-2 Commercial and 530 3rd Avenue SE from I-2 Industrial to R-1 Residential – First Reading
16. Consideration of a motion to set Public Hearing on Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Budget for March 13, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
17. Consideration of a motion to set public hearing on the proposed disposal of the following city owned property: 223 4th Avenue SE; 302 7th Avenue SW; 520 4th Street SW; 409 Rock Island Road; and 119 5th Avenue NE for March 13, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
18. Report from Darin Christensen on February Library Board Meeting
19. Report from Kevin Stickel on February Airport Board Meeting
20. Report from Renee Cantrell on February Park and Recreation Commission Meeting
21. Mayor’s Report
22. City Attorney’s Report
23. City Administrator’s Report
A. Administrator’s Memo
24. Old Business
25. New business
A work session on Structural Nuisance Abatement will follow the regular meeting